Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sleepless

Can't sleep.

Last week I traveled to Hong Kong for an internal conference; my first time to Asia, and a 12-hour time difference. A 15-hour flight, and the flight there took us right over the North Pole. Fantastic time, though it coincided with the earthquake disaster. In addition to giving to the relief effort (which I will, shortly), I can't wait to return to visit several of the offices there.

Came back just in time to party with all my friends in Team Supersnack in preparation for our triumphant, $55K-raising AIDS Walk appearance. We didn't really drink that much, but we were up late and up early the entire time. Some of that lateness involved three guitars, with me behind one of them for the first time in forever. Had so much fun, I even forgot I couldn't sing.

It just occurred to me that most "blogs" are dedicated to commenting on some sort of meme. This one is devolving into more of a personal journal. OK, here's an attempt at one: Any one else find the new Battlestar Galactica boring? Granted, I didn't start watching until this season, and haven't watched the previous ones yet, so maybe I'm just lost. But, really, everyone on that show is so intense all the time, yet nothing seems to really happen! It seems unnatural. If these people were really human, wouldn't they have to break the tension with a not-work-appropriate joke now and then? Or perhaps I'm just too dumb to get it.

Battlestar is getting me to think, however, that perhaps I should affect an air of tortured, unwilling religious visionary. For obvious reasons. A whole roomful of obvious reasons.

Heh, an ad on SciFi just used "don't break the seal" as a tag line for The Mummy. I just may have to finally watch it now.

1:41am, and still can't sleep. Think I'll play a little guitar.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As long as you don't try to sing, your neighbors will be ok. ;-)